Women's Business Alliance Scholarship Program
|The Women's Business Alliance of Choice Hotels in conjunction with the Choice Hotels International Foundation will award college scholarships in the amount of $2,000 to deserving females with an interest in or link to the hospitality industry. Both undergraduate and post-graduate students are eligible to apply for this award. Awards must be competed for annually. Current and past recipients of the award are eligible to re-apply for the award.
Requirements for Applicant Consideration
- Must be a female.
- Must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia).
- Must attend an accredited institution in the United States in the Fall 2010.
- Must be able to demonstrate an interest in the hospitality industry.
- Must submit a complete, signed application, with all supporting documentation, which is postmarked no later than Monday, February 1, 2010. (See Submission Instructions below.)
Exclusions for Applicant Consideration
- Must not receive 100% tuition reimbursement from an alternate source.
- Must not be an employee of Choice Hotels International, Inc. or its subsidiaries ("Choice Hotels"), or an immediate family member (spouse, parent, sibling, or child) or a household member of such employee.
Required Application Materials
The recipients of this scholarship will be selected by the Scholarship Committee consisting of representatives from The Women’s Business Alliance Committee of Choice Hotels.
It is the student’s responsibility to submit a complete application and all the supporting documentation in one package which must be postmarked on or before the deadline date of February 1, 2010. The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final and not subject to a review process.
Scholarship selection will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, or disability.
The scholarship awards will be based on the overall quality of the application and the committee’s scores for the scholarship essays.
The Scholarship Committee will notify applicants of its decision on or before May 14, 2010.
Checklist for Application Materials
- The Women’s Business Alliance Scholarship Program application form, completed and signed.
- Academic record
- Two letters of recommendation.
All materials must be submitted to the following address and be postmarked no later than Monday, February 1, 2010:
|The Women’s Business Alliance
Choice Hotels International
4225 E. Windrose Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Attention: Brenda Hitesman, Program Manager OD&L
Please call 602-953-4478 with questions regarding application materials or the scholarship program.
All scholarship grants are funded through the Choice Hotels International Foundation.
Award announcements will be made at the Choice Hotels International Convention in May 2010.