|1. To avoid temporary hearing loss – bring earplugs! Your eardrums will thank you later.
2. Arrive hours (or even days) early to the race to avoid spending half the day sitting in long traffic lines getting into the track.
3. Unpredictable weather calls for unlimited wardrobe. Definitely throw a jacket, pants, tshirt, and shorts in your bag – you won’t regret it!
4. Definitely rent a headset and scanner to use during the race. Not only will this allow you to track your favorite drivers, but you’ll get to listen to the drivers
talking to their pit crews – completely uncensored!
5. The food: nothing like having an ice-cold drink and some good ol’ fried chicken in hand while watching your favorite driver speed on by!
6. To all the ladies out there: do not wear pumps to the race! Sneakers are the way to go – don’t say I didn’t warn you!
7. A race fan must: join an RV tailgate party at one of the RV’s on the campgrounds. NASCAR fans are super friendly – so make some new friends while you’re at
8. For the race kiddos: wear your favorite NASCAR driver hat or shirt and bring a sharpie for autographs!
9. Stay connected by getting FREE wi-fi when you stay at a Choice Hotel!
10. Bring your camera! Always be on the lookout for any last-minute driver appearances, race cars driving by, or pit crews running around.
11. Make sure you get energized and refreshed with a FREE breakfast in the morning at a Choice Hotel. Chow down on some waffles so you're ready for the track!