Stay with Choice Hotels during your visit to the Florida Aquarium
Plunge into a world of coral reefs, wild wetlands, ocean predators and playful penguins when you visit one of the nation's largest indoor aquatic experiences, The Florida Aquarium
. The Tampa facility focuses on the unique sea life and ecosystems found near Florida's coast, and offers dozens of close encounters with sharks, birds, turtles and manta rays.
Aquarium galleries include:
- The Wetlands: Explore the marvel of Florida rivers, marshes, streams and swamps.
- Bays and Beaches: Take a look at aquatic life in the brackish shore communities.
- Explore a Shore: Enjoy water wonders at this outdoor children's exploration area.
- The Coral Reef: Investigate the Dry Tortuga formations off the local shores.
- Sea Hunt: Check out the dangerous beauty of sharks, triggerfish and eels.
At The Florida Aquarium
, you can feed the sharks, watch animal feedings, explore the aquarium kitchen and view the coral reef from the domed roof when you visit guest services to book a behind-the-scenes facility tour. Visitors won't want to miss the facility's daily "Penguin Promenade," where staff members personally introduce the aquarium's adorable African black-footed penguins. These fuzzy creatures may latch on to your watch, sunglasses or purse straps, so keep an eye on your belongings!
With many locations in the Tampa area, Choice Hotels® is ready to host your visit to Florida's coast. Book a room on ChoiceHotels.com today for your coastal vacation, and enjoy cozy accommodations along with free wireless high-speed Internet access and free continental breakfast available at many of our properties.