Lowest Price Guarantee / Best Price Guarantee
Book online at ChoiceHotels.com, contact support or phone the hotel directly to book with our Lowest Price Guarantee / Best Price Guarantee (our “Guarantee”). If you find a lower published publicly available price online for the same date and terms on any other qualified online source that we can verify, we'll match that rate—International guests will receive their first night free, and U.S. and Canada residents will receive a $50 Reward Card (in USD or CAD, respectively).
How it Works:
1. Submit the claim form.
Find a lower publicly-available price for the same hotel, same date and same accommodations? First, complete the Claim Form within 24 hours of your booking; your booking must also be at least 48 hours prior to a 6am arrival on the first day booked. [These time frames are important, because we need the claim as soon as possible so that we can find & verify the price you found and to process the claim.]
2. We'll chat.
Within 48 hours, a Choice Hotels service representative will contact you to confirm that the price you've found meets all the Guarantee criteria; SEE COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
3. We'll make it up to you.
Enjoy the lower rate for your whole stay. In addition, if you are a U.S. or Canada resident, and your claim qualifies, you will receive a $50 Reward Card (in USD or CAD respectively) after you stay, which you can use anywhere Visa Reward Card is accepted in the U.S an anywhere Reward Card Prepaid Mastercard is accepted in Canada. If you are an international resident, you will receive the first night free instead.
Physical Visa Reward Card – U.S.
Visa Reward Card may be used when making purchases from merchants in the U.S. and District of Columbia everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Terms and conditions apply to Reward Cards. See Cardholder Agreement for details. Visa Reward Card is issued by MetaBank® member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Card is distributed and serviced by InComm Financial Services, Inc., which is licensed as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
eReward Visa Virtual Account – U.S.
The Visa Virtual Account may be used in the U.S. and District of Columbia and U.S. territories including PR and USVI wherever Visa debit cards are accepted. Terms and conditions apply. See Cardholder Agreement for details. The Visa Reward Card issued by Metabank® Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Reward Card Prepaid Mastercards – Canada®
Card issuer: This card is issued by Peoples Trust Company under license by Mastercard
International Incorporated. Mastercards is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Card information and balance: For up-to-date Card terms and conditions, to obtain the expiry date
of the Card, if you have questions regarding the Card Balance, or to log a complaint, you may call
customer service at 1-844-482-3812 or visit www.yourrewardcard.com for free.
- Cardholders are restricted to one Card per person.
- Use of the Card in certain countries may be restricted by law.
- The Card is not returnable.
- The Card is not refundable.
- Funds cannot be added to the Card.
- The Card cannot be used for pay-at-the-pump transactions.
- The Card is not eligible for protection under any Zero Liability policy. (http://www.Mastercard.ca/zero-liability.html).
- You do not have the right to stop the payment of any transaction you conduct with the Card.
- The Card may not be cancelled by you unless otherwise directed in this Agreement or by Applicable Law.
- Regular pre-authorized debit (PAD) transactions, where you authorize a company or organization to withdraw funds from the Card, are not permitted. All PAD transactions will be rejected, and Peoples Trust Company will not be liable for any costs incurred by you as a result.
- The Card is subject to certain limits, as set out below. Peoples Trust Company may change these limits in accordance with Applicable Law and will post notice on www.yourrewardcard.com at least thirty (30) days in advance of the date such.
At Choice Hotels International Inc. ("Choice") we stand behind our prices. In fact, we're so sure that our rates are some of the lowest you'll find anywhere, we're prepared to not only match the lower publicly available rate on a Third-Party Website ("Competing Rate"), but reward you with a $50 Reward Card (for U.S. and Canada residents only) within 6 weeks after your stay is completed and a valid claim has been presented by Choice. For international residents, we will honor the lower price and give you your first night free for that stay. Consider it a small token of our appreciation for letting us know.
If you think you've found a better rate, complete our claim form and a Choice Hotels representative will contact you within 48 hours. Before we discuss your claim together, here's what you'll need to know.
Submitting a Claim: How it Works
You can submit a claim if:
- You have confirmed a reservation with a valid credit card (or a debit card with sufficient funds) made directly by calling a Choice Hotel property, online at ChoiceHotels.com or by calling 800.4CHOICE.
- You must submit your online claim form within 24 hours of the reservation booking and it must be at least 48 hours prior to a 6:00 p.m. on the first day of your arrival
- The difference between the Booking Rate (our published rate) and the Competing Rate (the rate you found online) must be equal to or greater than 1% or $1.00 U.S. (or the equivalent in the hotel's local currency), whichever is higher. "Fees" charged by the competing website must be included in the Competing Rate (for more information on this, see "Guarantee: Our Restrictions" section below.)
- The Competing Rate must be:
- Available for the same dates, room types, length of stay, type of currency, and based on single or double occupancy with the same rate terms and restrictions. This includes, but is not limited to, advance purchase rates and requirements, pre-payment and deposit requirements, and cancellation and change policies.
- Publicly viewable and available online on a Third-Party Website and, as determined by Choice representatives, is lower than the rate offered on ChoiceHotels.com at the time the claim is reviewed by Choice by an amount greater than greater than 1% or $1.00 U.S. (or the equivalent in the hotel’s currency).
Lowest Price Guarantee/Best Price Guarantee (the “Guarantee”): What You Need to Know
The Guarantee applies to reservations made at the following worldwide Choice branded hotels:
- Comfort Inn®
- Comfort Suites®
- Sleep Inn®
- Cambria® Hotels
- Ascend Hotel Collection®† (see note below)
- MainStay Suites®
- Suburban Extended Stay®
- Econo Lodge®
- Rodeway Inn®
The Guarantee does not apply to reservations made at WoodSpring Suites® or to Vacation Rentals by Choice.-
†The Guarantee also does not apply to reservations made at all-inclusive Ascend Hotel Collection properties, or to properties in Las Vegas, NV that include a casino.
If you find a qualified lower price and meet the terms and conditions of the Guarantee (SEE COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS), Choice will match the Competing Rate (based on the eligibility requirements noted in the full terms & conditions) and give you a $50 Reward Card if you reside in the United States or Canada. [International residents will instead receive their first night free.]
Guarantee: Our Restrictions
Subject to the terms and conditions below, we guarantee that all Choice-branded websites, call-centers and hotel property direct*, will provide an equivalent or better online bookable rate viewable and available to the public compared to a Third-Party Website** (the "Guarantee").
* Hotel property direct includes guests calling the hotel property directly to book their reservation, but does not include walk-ins (walk-ins are not eligible).
** A "Third-Party Website" is a website that is not owned by Choice or a Choice franchisee that: (i) sells Choice's inventory of rooms directly to consumers; (ii) provides a confirmation of a completed reservation at the time of completion of such reservation; and (iii) that does not require membership or login. Search engines and metasearch websites, such as Google, Bing, Kayak, Trivago, and TripAdvisor are not considered Third-Party Websites.
- WHAT RATES IT APPLIES TO: The Guarantee only applies to the following Choice rates: Best Available Rate, Advance Purchase, Choice Privileges membership, Choice Promotions, AAA, and Senior/AARP.
- WHAT RATES IT DOESN’T APPLY TO: The Guarantee does not apply to:
- Negotiated rates or any other rates not available to the general public, such as group rates, package rates, coupons, membership rates not explicitly listed above, Government Rates, and military rate;
- Rates found on opaque or auction sites and other sites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the Booking is made;
- Taxes (except where the rate is tax inclusive), gratuities, guest incidental charges or any other similar charges incurred at the hotel. If the Choice Booking rate is displayed as a tax-inclusive rate, then as noted above, it must be compared to a Competing Rate on a relative basis, so either taxes must be added/included in the Competing Rate or subtracted from the Booking rate. If the Competing Rate is lower by more than $1.00/1%, then Choice will approve the claim, and will match the Competing Rate at the pre-tax base rate for the remainder of a multi-night stay (taxes will be charged on top of this rate);
- Bookings for 10 or more rooms;*
- Bookings made by travel agents or brokers; and
- Bookings at Woodspring Suites, Vacation Rentals by Choice, and Ascend Hotel Collection properties in Las Vegas, NV that include a casino
- SITES THAT INCLUDE FEES: Some online travel sites classify part of their rates as a "fee", instead of including it within the room rate. For example, a hotel will provide the travel site a rate of $75. That travel site will then list the rate as $70 and claim that there is an additional $5 fee, so that their room rate appears lower to the consumer, even though the total price paid is the same. So if you found a Competing Rate on a Third-Party Website that classifies part of their actual rates as "fees" then that Competing Rate must include any additional fees so that the Competing Rate and our Booking Rate can be compared on a relative "apples to apples" basis.
- GUARANTEE DOES NOT INCLUDE OTHER CHOICE DIRECT CHANNEL RATES: If there is a rate available on a Choice Direct Channel that is the same or lower than the Competing Rate, that rate will be offered for the entire Booking. U.S. or Canada residents, however, are not eligible to receive the Reward Card and international residents elsewhere are not eligible to receive the free night for variations in pricing on a Choice Direct Channel.
- LIMIT OF ONE CLAIM PER STAY: You may only submit one claim for each stay. A "stay" is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs by the same guest(s).
- Reward Matrix: All guests with approved claims will receive the matched Competing Rate. Reward cards and free nights will be applied based on the following:
U.S. Resident Canada Resident International Resident U.S./Canada Hotel Location $50 USD Reward Card $50 CAD Reward Card Free Room Night International Hotel Location $50 USD Reward Card $50 CAD Reward Card Free Room Night
- LIMIT OF ONE CLAIM EVERY 30 DAYS: $50 Reward Card Limit for U.S. and Canada residents: A person may submit a claim once every thirty (30) days between check-in dates (one claim per name or household only). Additionally, a guest will receive a maximum of one reward card per reservation for one to nine rooms*, regardless of the number of rooms booked. (Example: CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 nights. Mr. Smith will receive one $50 Reward Card, for one of the six rooms reserved.).[*Reservations of 10 or more rooms are available for the Low Price Gaurantee.]
- FREE NIGHT LIMIT FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: A person may submit a claim once every thirty (30) days between check-in dates (one claim per name or household only). Additionally, a guest will receive a maximum of one free room night per reservation for one to nine rooms*, regardless of the number of rooms booked. (Example: CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 nights. Mr. Smith will receive one free night, for one of the six rooms reserved).
- BOOKS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE: After a Booking claim has been approved, the Booking is not transferrable. The name on the Booking must match the name on the guest’s photo ID at the time of check-in.
- Employees of Choice, any affiliate or franchised hotel, company, their immediate family members and individuals that live in the same household are not eligible for the Guarantee.
- Abuse of Guarantee: Choice reserves the right to cancel a previously approved claim if it finds that a customer violated or circumvented these terms & conditions and to reject future Guarantee claims from any such customer.
*Reservations of 10 or more rooms are ineligible for the Guarantee
Have Some Questions about our Guarantee?
Feel free to contact us by filling out this form to start the discussion around your claim and we answer any additional questions you may have.