8 hotels near Birmingham, Alabama
Pet-Friendly Hotels in Birmingham, AL
Choice Hotels in Birmingham helps you to be relaxed, well-rested and refreshed as you explore the largest city in Alabama. For those of you who are traveling with pets, finding a pet-friendly hotel in Birmingham, AL is definitely one of your top priorities.
Dogs enjoy romping outside in the fresh air with other dogs, even when they’re on vacation. Fenced-in dog parks provide a safe venue where your pup can be unleashed, chase the ball around and socialize with other four-legged friends. Here are the places in or near Birmingham that will definitely be among your dog’s favorites—note that at some of these venues your dog must remain leashed:
- Remy’s Dog Park at Red Mountain Park—281 Lyon Lane—Alabama’s largest off-leash dog park, 6 acres feature 3 separate fenced-in areas for large dogs, small dogs and special-needs dogs, such as elderly, injured, recovering and shy dogs.
- Hoover Dog Park—3517 Loch Haven Dr.
- Green Springs Dog Park at George Ward Park—1871 Green Springs Hwy. near Route 65
- Railroad Park—1600 1st Ave. South
- Rhodes Park—2801 Highland Court S., near Highland Ave. & 27th Place
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Center—1214 81st St. South
- Red Mountain Park—2011 Frankfurt Dr., Lakeshore Pkwy. Exit #255
- Jemison Trail—2800 Mountain Brook Pkwy.
- Lakeshore Trail—Lakeshore Pkwy.
- McCallum Park—3342 Rosemary Lane
- Moss Rock Preserve—617 Preserve Pkwy., Hoover
- Loch Haven Dog Park—3435-3437 Loch Haven Dr., Hoover
- Fultondale Bark Park—2398 Stouts Rd., Fultondale
When you’re in the mood to do a little shopping, you can bring your furry friend along with you to the Market at Pepper Place, which is located at 2829 2nd Ave. South. Leashed dogs of all sizes are welcome here as you get to browse the stands, featuring local fruits, vegetables, baked goods and other edibles, along with handmade crafts, jewelry, artwork and other items from local artisans.
If you happen to be visiting in April, you may want to participate in Birmingham’s annual “Mutt Strut,” which is held at the University of Alabama on the UAB Campus Green. A fun-filled event for the whole family, you can run a 5K race, walk a mile, browse an array of vendor stands, watch agility dogs and support a local nonprofit organization, Hand in Paw.
When your stomach starts rumbling and it’s time to savor a good meal, you have your choice of over 20 dog-friendly places to park yourselves, sit back and enjoy some biscuits–Southern biscuits for you, dog biscuits for Fido! Here is a list of pet-friendly eateries in and around Birmingham:
- Rojo—2921 Highland Ave. South
- The Continental Bakery—1909 Cahaba Rd.
- Slice—725 29th St. South
- Maki Fresh—2800 Cahaba Village Plaza
- Babalu—2808 7th Ave. South
- Rosebud Bar & Silks Lounge—121 N. Mill St.
- Hotbox—4036 5th Ave. South, in the back of Parkside’s courtyard
- Chez LuLu—1911 Cahaba Rd.
- The Filling Station Bar and Grill—5524 Crestwood Blvd.
- Bare Naked Noodles—100 Concourse Pkwy.
- Bistro 218—218 N. 20th St.
- Asian Rim—3419 Colonnade Pkwy.
- Mellow Mushroom—1200 20th St. South
- Hamburger Heaven—5303 U.S. Route 280
- Fuegos—1101 20th St. South
- Bottle Tree Café—3719 3rd Ave. South
- Moe’s—731 29th St. South
- Salem’s Diner—2913 18th St. South
- The Wine Loft—2200 2st Ave. North
- Big Bad Breakfast—5361 U.S. Route 280
- Black Market Bar—3411 Colonnade Pkwy.
- On Tap Sports Café—810 Inverness Corners
- Cosmo’s Pizza—2012 Magnolia Ave. South
- Pub 261—9340 Helena Rd.
- Cahaba Brewing Company—4500 5th Ave. South
- Good People Brewing Company—114 14th St. South
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream—multiple locations; your dog gets a free ice cream sundae topped with crushed doggie treats
- Little Donkey—2821 Central Ave., Homewood
- Ragtime Café—2080 Valleydale Rd., Hoover
- BAM Sports Grill—3144 Heights Village, Vestavia Hills
- Red Mountain Crawfish—90 Green Springs Hwy., Homewood
- JoJo’s on Broadway—903 Broadway St., Homewood
- Ground Up Coffee and Smoothies—15582 Hwy. 280, Chelsea
- Bragg Street BBQ—16195 New Hwy. 280, Chelsea
You’ll have peace of mind as a guest at one of our Birmingham dog-friendly hotels, while you are discovering all that this historic, fascinating and dynamic city has to offer, knowing that your dog or cat is resting safely back at your hotel. Birmingham welcomes you—and your pets! Book your guest room at a pet-friendly Choice Hotel today.
Birmingham hotels information
- Number of hotels in Birmingham8
- Highest Price$100
- Lowest Price$51
- Number of reviews17050
- Avg. rating3.6