Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to some of our most asked questions here.
No, the Choice Privileges program is free.
The Choice Privileges program is available to adult residents (not companies or organizations) of the U.S., U.S. Territories, Australia, Canada, Europe, Mexico, New Zealand, and many countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, and the Middle East. Countries currently excluded from the program include Belarus, Cuba, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Liberia, the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire, Sudan, Syria and Zimbabwe.
- You can view your Choice Privileges statements anytime by accessing your online account on choicehotels.com.
- Sign into your account.
- Click on the "Stays & Activity" link in the navigation.
- Use the drop down box to select the statement period you wish to view.
- Click the "Go" button.
- If the checkout date was more than 72 hours ago in the U.S. and Canada:
- Please sign into your online account.
- Click on the "Report Missing Stay" link in the right navigation.
- Complete the Report a Missing Stay form or contact the Choice Service Center.
- Allow 20 days after checking out of hotels in Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, Australasia, and the Caribbean for points to post to your account.
All participating hotels reward members with up to 10 points per $1 spent on qualifying stays, exclusive of taxes and other fees. WoodSpring Suites® properties are not currently participating.
At MainStay Suites® and Suburban Extended Stay Hotel® locations, the number of points you earn per night varies based on the length of your visit:
- 1-6 nights: 10 points per $1
- 7-30 nights: 5 points per $1
- 31 nights or more: Less than 5 points per $1 (varies by hotel)
No, you no longer need to stay 2 consecutive nights at these properties to qualify for promotions. You now need at least 1 night, just like at all of our other hotel brands.
Your Extras is a little ‘extra’ after you check-in on point-eligible qualifying stays at participating hotels (WoodSpring Suites properties are not currently participating) that include any weekday from Sunday – Thursday. You must opt into this program and select which ‘extra’ you want to receive, via our website, prior to check-in.
Available reward options vary by country and may change at any time. Currently, in the United States, you can select from – and alternate between – any of the following:
- 400 Choice Privileges points
- 100 airline miles with participating carriers
- $2.50 Amazon.com credit
- $5 coffee card
- $3 Uber trip discount
Had that caffeine fix and want to start shopping? Rather earn miles than points? You can switch the selection at any time through your Choice Privileges accounts.
*Note: Since the ‘extra’ reward option must be selected in your account prior to check-in, you are unable to change your selection mid-stay.
Simply log into your Choice Privileges online account to opt in and select your ‘Extra’ – either at ChoiceHotels.com or through the mobile app.
*Note: You must make this selection prior to check-in. Make sure to include your member number when you make your reservation.
This depends on the reward selected:
- Coffee gift cards + Amazon.com credit + Uber trip discounts: You will receive an email with your coffee gift cards, Amazon.com credit or Uber trip discount after check-in. It will be sent to the email address associated with your Choice Privileges account.
- Choice Privileges Points: You will receive points within 72 hours of check-out.
- Airline Miles: You will receive miles to your selected airline account within 4-6 weeks of check-out.
You must have your earning preference set to Choice Privileges points in your online account to participate. If you have elected to earn airline miles instead of points, you will receive that currency as normal but won’t receive a Your Extras reward.
You can earn one Your Extra per qualifying point-eligible stay, regardless of number of rooms, nights, or check-ins and checkouts. However, you cannot check out and check right back into the same hotel to earn an additional ‘Extra’.
Most Choice brands and individual hotels do participate in the Your Extras Program. WoodSpring Suites® properties, however, do not currently participate, nor do all-inclusive Ascend Hotel Collection resorts. If you are staying at one of our participating brands that doesn’t offer the program, please contact our Guest Services agents here or call 888-770-6800.
Yes, you can change your preference as many times as you would like.
*Note: you will receive the Extra that is set as your preference at the time of check-in
Can I view my Your Extras earnings?
You can view the number of each Extra you have earned in your My Account page (cumulative total, not a balance). You can also view the Extra that you earned associated with each past point-eligible stay in your Statement.
As long as you are an active Choice Privileges member, your points never expire. You must, however, complete at least one qualifying activity every 18 months to maintain an active account and to retain your accumulated points. Choice Privileges points are forfeited in accounts that have no qualifying activity during the previous 18 consecutive calendar months.
- Qualifying point-eligible stay (earning points or miles),
- Redeeming Choice Privileges points (free nights, gift cards etc.)
- Earning points with the Choice Privileges Mastercard® card (US members only)
- Purchasing points
- Referring a Friend*
*The Refer-a-Friend option awards points to your account when a friend enrolls in the Choice Privileges Rewards Program and completes a point-eligible stay. The point forfeiture date will be based on the date the points post to your account, not on the date of the referral.
Examples of non-qualifying activities include stays that are not point-eligible, registering for a promotion, and gifting points (this only counts as a qualifying activity for the member who receives the points, not the member who gifts the points).
What if I check-in to a hotel before the date my points are set to forfeit but do not check out until after?
You must check out prior to the date your points are set to forfeit in order to retain those points.
Completing a qualifying activity keeps your points active for 18 additional months, from the first day of the month after your activity is completed through the 18th month of inactivity at 12:00 am PST. A qualifying activity is based on when points post or are removed from your account.
Choice Hotels is no longer managing vacation rental reservations. Please use the following resources to assist in your travel preparation:
- RedAwning - Use the 24/7 chat support feature on redawning.com for reservation related questions and concerns such as cancellations, modifications, amenities, or policies.
- COVID-19 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org for urgent matters or immediate travel concerns regarding Coronavirus.
- Choice Hotels Customer Care Team - Email email@example.com for any additional questions.
- Following May 15, the inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org will no-longer be monitored.
Points Plus Cash
Yes, with Points Plus Cash you can purchase the remaining points that you need to redeem for a reward night(s) during the booking. This gives you more reward options and helps you get to a free night faster.
U.S. Choice Privileges members can make Points Plus Cash reservations.
Points Plus Cash reservations can only be made via Choicehotels.com (desktop or mobile web), or through the Choice Hotels mobile app (download from Android or Apple). Points Plus Cash reservations cannot be made at the property itself, through the Customer Support Center or through any other channel.
To make a Points Plus Cash reservation, sign into your online account, then search for a location on ChoiceHotels.com and select “Choice Privileges Reward Night” as the rate. Points Plus Cash will be available if you have a minimum of 6,000 points available per night. Points Plus Cash nights are based on 6,000 points plus cash; cash is the cost of the remaining points needed for the reward night.
Points Plus Cash is available for any Choice Hotels property with reward night point levels of 8,000 or higher per room per night. Any reward night offered at less than 8,000 Choice Privileges points must be redeemed with points only.
The cash portion of Points Plus Cash is non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation that is within the hotel’s cancellation deadline and in accordance with the Choice Privileges reward night policy, the total number of points required for the booking will be re-deposited into your account. That includes both the original points you had in your account, plus the points purchased in the Points Plus Cash transaction.
No, you will not earn Choice Privileges points or airline miles for Points Plus Cash reward night reservations. All Choice Privileges reward night rules and regulations apply.
Yes, Points Plus Cash reward nights count toward Elite status.
A maximum of 250,000 points can be purchased through Points Plus Cash in a calendar year.