Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join Choice Privileges?
Enroll in the Choice Privileges program.
Is there a cost for Choice Privileges membership?
- The Choice Privileges program is completely free and available to residents of the U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Mexico, Central America, Australasia and the Caribbean.
- Including: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Papua New Guinea and Fiji.
- Excluding: Belarus, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Liberia, Republic of Côte d'Ivoire, Sudan, Syria and Zimbabwe.
Where can I view my Choice Privileges statements?
- You can view your Choice Privileges statements anytime by accessing your online account on choicehotels.com.
- Sign into your account.
- Click on the "Stay Activity" link in the left navigation.
- Use the drop down box to select the statement period you wish to view.
- Click the "Go" button.
What if it has been 72 hours and my stay has not posted?
- If the checkout date was more than 72 hours ago in the U.S. and Canada:
- Please sign into your online account.
- Click on the "Report Missing Stay" link in the right navigation.
- Complete the Report a Missing Stay form or contact the Choice Service Center.
- Allow 20 days after checking out of hotels in Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, Australasia, and the Caribbean for points to post to your account.
How can I check my Choice Privileges account balance?
- Please follow these steps:
- Create an Online Account
- Sign in - Once you sign into your Online Account, your account balance will appear towards the top of the page.
- To view your most recent stays, click on the "Stay Activity" link on the left.
What is ‘Your Extras’?
Your Extras is a little 'extra' after you check-in on point-eligible qualifying stays at participating hotels (WoodSpring Suites properties are not currently participating) that include any weekday from Sunday-Thursday.
What are the ‘Your Extras’ reward options?
You can select from – and alternate between – any of the following:
- 400 Choice Privileges points
- 100 airline miles with participating carriers
- $2.50 Amazon.com credit
- $5 coffee card
Had that caffeine fix and want to start shopping? Rather earn miles than points? You can switch the selection at any time through your Choice Privileges accounts.
*Note: Since the ‘extra’ reward option must be selected in your account prior to check-in, you are unable to change your selection mid-stay.
How do I start earning ‘Your Extras’?
Simply log into your Choice Privileges online account to opt in and select your ‘Extra’ – either at ChoiceHotels.com or through the mobile app.
*Note: You must make this selection prior to check-in. Make sure to include your member number when you make your reservation.
I stayed on a weekday night! How and when do I receive my ‘Extra’?
This depends on the reward selected:
- Coffee gift cards + Amazon.com credit + Uber trip discounts: You will receive an email with your coffee gift cards, Amazon.com credit or Uber trip discount after check-in. It will be sent to the email address associated with your Choice Privileges account.
- Choice Privileges Points: You will receive points within 72 hours of check-out.
- Airline Miles: You will receive miles to your selected airline account within 4-6 weeks of check-out.
- Fuel Rewards Savings: Savings will be deposited into your Fuel Rewards account after check-in; you will receive an email notification notifying that the credit has been deposited.
How must my earning preference be set?
You must have your earning preference set to Choice Privileges points in your online account to participate. If you have elected to earn airline miles or Amtrak Guest Rewards instead of points, you will receive that currency as normal but won’t receive a Your Extras reward.
How many rewards can I earn per stay?
You can earn one Your Extra per qualifying point-eligible stay, regardless of number of rooms, nights, or check-ins and checkouts. However, you cannot check out and check right back into the same hotel to earn an additional ‘Extra’.
Can I earn a ‘Your Extra’ benefit in addition to Choice Privileges promotions and Elite bonuses?
Are all hotels part of the Your Extras program?
- You can select the Bonus Points and Airline miles options at all hotels.
- However, there are certain hotels where you will not be able to earn the following ‘Extras’:
- Amazon.com credit
- Coffee gift card
- Fuel Rewards Savings
- Uber trip discount
If you are staying at a hotel that doesn’t offer the above Extras, please contact our Guest Services agents here or call 888-770-6800.
Can I change my Your Extras earning preference?
Yes, you can change your preference as many times as you would like.
*Note: you will receive the Extra that is set as your preference at the time of check-in
Can I view my Your Extras earnings?
You can view the number of each Extra you have earned in your My Account page (cumulative total, not a balance). You can also view the Extra that you earned associated with each past point-eligible stay in your Statement.
DIGITAL GIFT CARDS:
What is digital gift card?
A digital gift card allows you to receive your gift card as soon as you redeem your points. The digital gift card will be sent directly to your email, and you can start using it immediately. Of course, physical gift cards can still be redeemed and received via postal mail.
How do I redeem for digital gift cards?
You can redeem your points for digital gift cards through ChoiceHotels.com or our mobile app
When will I receive my digital gift card?
After you have redeemed your points for a digital gift card, it will be sent to the email address associated with your Choice Privileges account within 48 hours.
How do I use my digital gift card?
Once you receive your digital gift card in your inbox, you can view the usage instructions. Digital gift cards can be used in one of the following ways:
- a. Scan the bar code at the gift card redemption location (i.e. retailer/restaurant) from the email
- b. Provide the retailer with the digital gift card code from the email,
- c. Print the digital gift card and bring it with you
- d. Use the digital gift card code to redeem online
How many points do I need to redeem for a digital gift card?
Gift cards start at 16,000 points – redeemable for a $50 gift card. $100 gift cards can be redeemed for 32,000 points.
Can I send a digital gift card as a gift?
Yes, you can. When you receive your digital gift card, there will be an option allowing you to send it as a gift.
How do I check the balance of my digital gift card?
You can view the balance by clicking on the link in the original email. This will take you to the digital gift card, which will display your current balance.
What is FlexRewards?
With FlexRewards, free nights are flexible! The number of points needed for a free night at a hotel can now fluctuate, depending on whether it is a weekday or weekend night, members can redeem points for a free night at discounted point levels on specific days of the week, which will vary during the year, at participating locations. At least 1,500 hotels will be discounted at any time!
How do I book a FlexReward reward night?
What if a reward night overlaps a weekend and a midweek?
When the point levels are different, our system will average the points per night. This calculation will be displayed on the search results page. You can view the nightly points on the hotel room selection page and the guest data page.
Will my points expire?
As long as you are an active Choice Privileges member, your points will not expire. You must have at least one qualifying activity every 18 months to maintain an active status and retain your accumulated points. Choice Privileges points will be forfeited in accounts with no qualifying activity during the previous 18 consecutive calendar months.
What does being an active Choice Privileges member mean? What is a qualifying activity?
To remain active in the program and retain your points, you must have at least one of the following activities every 18 consecutive calendar months:
- Qualifying point-eligible stay (earning points, miles, or Amtrak Guest Rewards points),
- Redeeming Choice Privileges points (free nights, gift cards etc.)
- Earning points with the Choice Privileges Visa® card (US members only)
- Purchasing points
- Referring a Friend* (US members only)
*The Refer-a-Friend option awards points to your account when a friend enrolls in the Choice Privileges Rewards Program and completes a point-eligible stay. The point forfeiture date will be based on the date the points post to your account, not on the date of the referral.
What are examples of activities that do not qualify?
Examples of non-qualifying activities include stays that are not point-eligible, registering for a Choice Privileges promotion, and gifting points (this only counts as a qualifying activity for the member who receives the points, not the member who gifts the points).
What if I check-in to a hotel before the date my points are set to forfeit but do not check out until after?
You must check out prior to the date your points are set to forfeit in order to retain those points.
When does this change go into effect?
As February 1, 2016 you will have 18 months to have a qualifying activity to keep your points active for an 18 additional months. Starting August 1, 2017, and continuing on the first day of each month thereafter, your points will be forfeited in accounts with no qualifying activity during the previous 18 months. No points will forfeit before July 31, 2017.
When do points forfeit?
Qualifying activity keeps your points active for 18 additional months, from the first day of the month after your activity is completed through the 18th month of inactivity, at 12:00 am PST. A qualifying activity is based on when points post or are removed from your account.
Where can I view the date my points are set to forfeit?
How many points can I earn at Econo Lodge, Rodeway, MainStay Suites and Suburban Extended Stay?
All Choice Hotels brands now reward members with 10 points per $1 dollar spent.
Am I still required to stay 2 consecutive nights at Econo Lodge, Rodeway, MainStay Suites and Suburban Extended Stay for a stay to qualify for the promotions? (such as Stay Twice Get a Free Night?)
No, you no longer need to stay 2 consecutive nights at these properties to qualify for promotions. You now need at least 1 night, just like at all of our other hotel brands.
Does Choice Hotels offer vacation rentals?
Choice Hotels is no longer managing vacation rental reservations.
Please use the following resources to assist in your travel preparation.
RedAwning - use the 24/7 chat support feature on redawning.com for reservation related questions and concerns such as cancellations, modifications, amenities, or policies.
COVID-19: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for urgent matters or immediate travel concerns regarding Coronavirus.
Choice Hotels Customer Care Team: Email email@example.com for any additional questions.
Following May 15, the inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org will no-longer be monitored.