Terms and Conditions
Subject to the full terms and conditions below, Choice Hotels International, Inc. ("Choice") guarantees that Choice branded websites, Choice reservation call centers, and hotel property direct* (“Choice Direct Channels”) will provide the same or lower bookable rate available to the public compared to a “Third-Party Website” ** (our "Lowest Price Guarantee").
*Hotel property direct includes guests calling the hotel property directly to book their reservation, but does not include walk-ins (walk-ins are not eligible).
**A Third-Party Website is a website that is not owned by Choice or a Choice franchisee that (i) sells Choice’s inventory of rooms directly to consumers, (ii) provides a confirmation of a completed reservation at the time of completion of such reservation, and (iii) that does not require membership or login. [Search engines and metasearch websites, such as Google, Bing, Kayak, Trivago, and TripAdvisor are not considered Third-Party Websites.]
The Lowest Price Guarantee applies to reservations made at Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Clarion, Cambria Hotels, Ascend Hotel Collection†, Sleep Inn, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn brand hotels worldwide. It does not apply to resevations made at WoodSprings Suites®.
†The Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to reservations made at Ascend Hotel Collection properties in Las Vegas, NV that include a casino.
Subject to the terms and restrictions discussed below, if a guest finds a qualified lower price on a qualified Third-Party Website (a “Competing Rate”) within 24 hours of booking (and your booking must be at least 48 hours prior to a 6 pm arrival on the first day booked), Choice will honor the lower publicly available price (which must be at least $1 or 1% lower, whichever is greater than the Choice direct rate), based on the eligibility guidelines outlined below. In addition, U.S. residents will also receive a $50 USD Reward Card and Canada residents will receive a $50 CAD Reward Card‡ (see Reward Card terms and conditions) within 6 weeks after the stay is completed and a valid claim has been submitted to Choice. Residents of all other countries (“international residents”) will receive their first night free instead of a reward card. [Other terms apply; see below.]
Free nights issued to international residents are subject to the following terms:
- The room rate for approved Bookings that are one night will be discounted to $0.
- Room rates for Bookings that are more than one night will be discounted to the Competing Rate;the rate for the first night will be $0. For example, the original Booking was $100 per night for 3 nights. The Competing Rate of $90 was approved (the folio will read $0 + $90 + $90 = $180 + applicable taxes/incidentals).
You may submit a claim if:
- You have a confirmed reservation, confirmed with a valid credit card or debit/prepaid card with sufficient funds, at a Choice hotel made through Choice Direct Channels ("Booking");
- The difference between the Booking rate and the Competing Rate is equal to or greater than $1.00 USD (or the equivalent unit in the hotel’s currency, e.g., €1) or 1%, whichever is higher. [For example, if the Booking rate is $150.00, the Competing Rate would need to be $148.50 or less to qualify (1% of $150.00 is $1.50).] In certain countries, Choice is required by law to display the Booking rate with taxes included. In such cases, the Competing Rate must also have taxes included in order to be compared to Choice’s Booking rate. If the Competing Rate does not have taxes included, then either: (i) applicable taxes will be added to the Competing Rate, or (ii) taxes will be subtracted from the Booking Rate, so that in either case, the rates are being compared on a relative basis. Also, certain “fees” charged by the Third Party Website must be included in the Competing Rate. (See #2 under Guarantee Restrictions below)
- You submit the online claim form informing Choice of the lower rate within 24 hours of the Booking and at least 48 hours prior to a 6 pm arrival on the first day of the Booking; and
- The Competing Rate is:
- Available for the same hotel, dates, room type, type of currency and length of stay and is based on single or double occupancy with the same rate terms/restrictions (including but not limited to, advance purchase requirements; pre-payment and deposit requirements; and cancellation and change policies); and
- Publicly viewable and available on the Internet on a Third-Party Website and, as determined by Choice representatives, is lower than the rate offered on ChoiceHotels.com at the time the claim is reviewed by Choice by an amount greater than US $1.00 (or the equivalent unit in the hotel’s currency, e.g., €1) or 1%. [For example, if the Booking Rate is $75, then the Competing Rate must be $74.00 or lower.]
A Choice Hotels service representative will contact you within 48 hours of receipt of your online claim form.
1. The Lowest Price Guarantee only applies to the following rates: Best Available Rate, Advance Purchase, Choice Privileges membership, Choice Promotions, AAA, and Senior/AARP.
2. The Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to:
- Negotiated rates or any other rates not available to the public, such as group rates, package rates, coupons, membership rates not explicitly listed above, Government Rates, and military rate;
- Rates found on opaque or auction sites and other sites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the Booking is made;
- Taxes (except where the rate is tax inclusive), gratuities, guest incidental charges or any other similar charges incurred at the hotel. If the Choice Booking rate is displayed as a tax-inclusive rate, then as noted above, it must be compared to a Competing Rate on a relative basis so either taxes must be included in the Competing Rate or subtracted from the Booking rate. If the Competing Rate is lower, then Choice will approve the claim, and will match the Competing Rate at the pre-tax base rate for the remainder of a multi-night stay (taxes will be charged on top of this rate);
- Bookings for 10 or more rooms;
- Bookings made by travel agents or brokers; and
- Bookings at all-inclusive Ascend Hotel Collection properties, or to Ascend Hotel Collection properties in Las Vegas, NV that include a casino.
3. Some online travel sites will manipulate the rate that is supplied to them by the hotel by classifying part of the rate as a “fee.” For example, a hotel will provide the travel site a rate of $75. The travel site will then list the rate as $70 and claim that there is an additional $5 fee so that their rate appears lower to the consumer. If a Third-Party Website does this, then its Competing Rate will be adjusted to include the additional fee so that the Competing Rate and the Booking rate are being compared on a relative basis.
4. If there is a rate available on a Choice Direct Channel that is the same or lower than the Competing Rate, that rate will be offered for the entire Booking. When the Choice Direct Channel rate is the same or lower, however, U.S. or Canada residents will not be eligible to receive the Reward Card‡ and international residents elsewhere are not eligible to receive the free night.
5. You may only submit one claim for each stay. A “stay” is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs by the same guest(s).
6. Reward Matrix: All guests with approved claims will receive the matched Competing Rate. Reward cards and free nights will be applied based on the following:
|U.S. Resident||Canada Resident‡||International Resident|
|U.S./Canada Hotel Location||$50 USD Reward Card||$50 CAD Reward Card‡||Free Room Night|
|International Hotel Location||$50 USD Reward Card||$50 CAD Reward Card‡||Free Room Night|
7. $50 Reward Card Limit for U.S. and Canada residents: A person may submit a claim once every thirty (30) days between check-in dates (one claim per name or household only). Additionally, a guest will receive a maximum of one reward card per reservation for one to nine rooms*, regardless of the number of rooms booked. [For example, CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 nights. Mr. Smith will receive one $50 Reward Card‡, for one of the six rooms reserved].
8. Free Night Limit for International Consumers: A person may submit a claim once every thirty (30) days between check-in dates (one claim per name or household only). Additionally, a guest will receive a maximum of one free room night per reservation for one to nine rooms*, regardless of the number of rooms booked. [For example,: CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 nights. Mr. Smith will receive one free night, for one of the six rooms reserved].
9. After a Booking claim has been approved, the Booking is not transferrable. The name on the Booking must match the name on the guest’s photo ID at the time of check-in.
10. Employees of Choice, any affiliate or franchised hotel, company, their immediate family members and individuals that live in the same household are not eligible for the Lowest Price Guarantee.
11. Abuse of Lowest Price Guarantee: Choice reserves the right to cancel a previously approved claim if it finds that a customer violated or circumvented these terms & conditions and to reject future Lowest Price Guarantee claims from any such customer.
*Reservations of 10 or more rooms are ineligible for the LPG Program
Choice Privileges® Points
The number of Choice Privileges points earned, if applicable, will be based on the room rate paid upon checkout.
- Choice reserves the right to amend, revise, suspend or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee at any time without notice;
- Any changes made to a reservation voids the Lowest Price Guarantee;
- Any disputes arising from the Lowest Price Guarantee will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Maryland, U.S.A.
- For questions, contact our Choice customer service team here.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Terms and Conditions is solely for descriptive purposes and does not imply endorsement or sponsorship.